We can’t believe that January has already come and gone! Who else had a great first month of 2018? As always, we’re here to give you all the new social media features added to our favorite platforms:
- Facebook isn’t giving up on their Stories feature. You can now post to Facebook Stories from your desktop.
- Facebook officially announced major changes to their algorithm that strive to make your family and friends content priority. This big change is forcing businesses to restrategize their social media marketing plans in order to get their content seen. Contact us for a free social media consultation to talk about your business goals on social.
- The latest update to Facebook’s algorithm is to prioritize trusted local news sources in users feeds. In Mark Zuckerberg’s post about the new update, he states, “We’re making a series of updates to show more high quality, trusted news.”
- IG Stories just got a little bit more fun with the new addition of a Giphy library of transparent GIFs. Personalize your story even more!
- Instagram closed January out with a BANG when they announced that they have opened their API to allow for scheduled posting! (Social Media Managers, can we get an AMEN?!) Businesses are now able to use third-party apps (Hootsuite, Sprout Social, etc.) to schedule automatic posts to Instagram.
- Twitter has rolled out ‘Moments’, which is essentially Twitter’s version of Stories. Advertisers can create content bundles that contain tweets, images, GIFs, and videos.
- Pinterest: Pinterest rolled out an advanced Analytics Tool for business accounts. Insights will give business accounts information on what content is being engaged with and trends within the Pinterest platform. Click here to sign up!
That’s it for January. We’ll be back next month with all new updates for you!